Penguin update June 10, 2012
This time Penguin has hit many SEO bloggers and website owners. In 2012 Google has got many algorithm updates and in May 2012, there were 39 updates regarding same.
I have survived through a series of panda updates, but penguin update has made me loose ranking of my many primary keywords.
Checking the SERP has become very stressful, since every now and then Google updates its algorithm. Even it panelizes big portals which directly or indirectly causing a big revenue loss.
Penguin hit EMD (Exact Matching Domain)
This time EMD’s [Exact Match Domain] has got hit i.e. most of the domain containing exact keywords have got penalty. Most probable reason of penalty is link building structures these websites are using. Since this website contains main keyword with their domain name, hence link building is done with same anchor text.
Last Google Updates in 2012
In 2012 Google has got many algo updates for search engines.
We have seen over optimization or web spam algorithm update later which was named as Penguin. (Later on its update came with name Penguin 1.1).
- Just before it we have seen various Panda update like Panda update 3.2, Panda update 3.3, Panda update 3.4, Panda update 3.5 & Panda update 3.6)
- Private Blog Networks got banned.
- Many Low quality Article sites were banned.
- Many websites with exact match anchor text got penalized.
- We have got Knowledge graph.
- Google Places pages were replaced by Google+ Local Pages.
Please share your views on Latest Google Algorithm Update.